Domino potatoes—first sliced into thin rectangles, then baked—achieve the perfect balance of golden crisp edges and buttery creamy centers. Drenching each slice in EPIC's rich, cage-free duck fat adds unbeatable flavor, especially when paired with garlic, fresh thyme, and flakey sea salt.
Duck Fat Domino Potatoes
Yield: 8 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 6 to 8 sweet potatoes (Japanese or traditional), peeled
- 1 cup EPIC duck fat, melted
- 3 tablespoons large-flake sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch thyme, leaves removed
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim sweet potatoes into perfect rectangles by removing their round edges. Then, using a mandoline slicer, shave thin slices off to create long rectangles.
- Toss slices in a large bowl with duck fat, salt, pepper, thyme leaves, and sliced garlic. Arrange slices upright in an 8x8-inch baking dish, tightly filling the whole dish. Roast in oven about 1 hour, until tops are golden and crispy and potatoes are cooked through. Sprinkle with extra thyme leaves and salt to serve.
Recipe by Merce Muse at Thrive Market
Recipe photo by Paul Delmont