EPIC is currently seeking a truly EPIC individual to join our rapidly growing company. We have a bright young team based in Austin, TX full of fantastic personalities. More than anything, this is an opportunity for someone to be a part of an amazing food movement that is changing the way animals are treated, humans understand health, and our ability to restore the land through properly managed livestock. Please help us spread the word about this job opportunity!
EXCITING CFO/COO opportunity for a natural foods early stage growth company on track for further development and prosperity. EPIC is looking to hire an entrepreneurially-spirited individual to join the management team with dual-role responsibilities (CFO & COO).
Roles & Responsibilities include the following:
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial strategies and forecasting
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Oversee the operations – transaction processing systems; distribution and co-packing relationships
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile – Quality Assurance
- Implement operational best practices
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials and capital.
- Manage vendor relations, including negotiations with carriers and other significant raw material vendors.
- Provide clear direction and leadership to the plant staff through goal setting, performance and metric reviews, action planning and Continuous Improvement execution.
- Assist in locating and identifying co-packers as well as negotiating terms and contracts.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to management & board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
Arrange for debt and equity financing for CAPEX and Working Capital Needs
Desired Qualifications: The candidate chief financial officer/chief operating officer should have a master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a food company. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations. The candidate should also have entrepreneurial experience in growing/building a company; a team-spirit; healthy attitude and lifestyle. In summary, an EPIC person!
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org